Our mission is to make the circular economy happen in dedicated areas of the Water – Energy – Food nexus. Jointly with our partners, we use and develop innovative concepts to generate supply-demand chains which are sustainable, demand driven and economically healthy.
We believe in a circular economy that handles products, materials and resources efficiently and in a socially responsible manner within ecological preconditions, so that future generations also retain access to material prosperity.
- ‘Make it happen’ attitude: We take all hurdles and keep an overview in order to achieve the goal and generate impact. We use our creativity to develop concepts that are both sustainable and economically viable.
- Market focus: We aim to organize market pull for sustainable solutions as a healthy mechanism to make the circular economy happen. Activities include anything between rethinking the system and selecting practical solutions.
- Collaboration: Strong cooperation with our partners is the key to our integrated approach to complex issues. This is at the heart of our working model.
- Societal entrepreneurship: Circular economy thinking is the basis of what we call ‘healthy business’. We are committed to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Continuous innovation: Developing new roads and creative solutions are part of our DNA. Any profit we make is reinvested in research and development in order to generate new innovative solutions.
Our shareholders are:
- KWH Water B.V., 60 % of the shares; see KWH Water B.V.
- Allied Waters Foundation, 40 % of the shares
Present board members of the Allied Waters Foundation are:
- Michiel van Haersma Buma (chair), prior to retirement Dike Reeve of Delfland Water Authority, NL
- Idsart Dijkstra (secretary), Manager Water department at KWR, NL
- Stan Roestenberg, Director at Bohemen, NL
- Pauline Wink, Partner at 4impact, NL